Master Chess 2023 Summer Camps!
Master Chess 2023 Summer Camps!
MasterChess: learn, develop, and master!
Dear parents and guardians, welcome to our 2023 Master Chess Camp! We will do everything we can to make your child’s summer more engaging, instructive, interactive in our in-person camps! We’re excited to be back in-person for the whole summer, so kids can fully socialize and play with each other. Our teachers for the camp this summer will include Mr. Mike, Mr. Panos, Mr. Daniel, Mr. Zane, Mr.Mark and Mr. Foo among others. We will try to have every camper working on different subjects in each half day, so that they get a taste of different skill-sets, and simply don’t get bored. For this year, we are planning to provide our usual entertaining and instructive chess lessons, complemented with money management, public speaking, arts, and debate. In terms of in person camp, we will take all the necessary safety measures to minimize risk of Covid transmission, including cleaning surfaces, chess boards, and proper ventilation. In person camp will also feature projects like the ones we had in prior years; bridge-building, arts competitions, and of course double chess tournaments 🙂 We will have two locations, and both will provide outdoor playtime. Our North campus has a fantastic soccer field which will be put to good use, along with the table tennis tables inside. Looking forward to an awesome summer!
-Our teachers will work on the fundamental skills of chess such as calculation and evaluation of variations, especially with the more experienced students. They will use a collection of historical and recent games to show how this works out in practice, along with exercises to practice those skills. Considering the world chess championship will happen this April, we will also tie in those games into the chess themes.
-Weekly tournaments will keep campers in good chess shape, and give our teachers games to analyze with the campers.
For the younger campers, we will play a collection of mini-games such as mazes and pawn games, which train essential chess skills.
-We will try to organize special events such as simuls, guest lectures, trivia contests, as well as chess variant tournaments, to add novelty to the game.
What to prepare
- Lunch/Lunch order and snacks for recess time
- No toys that might distract them or others around them. There will be plenty of games at the camp
- Books are ok as long as they’re only taken out during lunch hour.
- Sunscreen. If epipen or other medication is needed, please let our staff know upon arrival.
Sheets to sign
- Summer Camp Waiver.
- There will be a sign-in and sign-out sheet. If absent, please let us know in advance.
Normal drop-off is between EST 8:50 and 9 AM and normal pick-up is between EST 4:00 and 4:10 PM.
Before and after care will be provided from EST 8-9 AM and 4-5 PM, for $20 cash. Any drop close to 8:30 or pick up close to 4:30 will be $10 to respect our teachers’ time.
Please let us know
- If your child has any medical conditions which might come up during camp-time. Likewise, any tendencies or behaviours we should know about, so teachers know what to expect. Strict confidentiality is guaranteed.
- If a different guardian will be picking up your child after camp.
- If your child needs to come late or leave early, so we will keep that in mind when planning activities
- If your child has a problem with any of the camp activities, so we can try to accommodate.
We encourage every camper to participate as much as possible in the activities we have planned, while giving full respect to their teachers and following directions. Our goal is to ensure growth and learning through play and stories, for which we promise to be energetic and entertaining. We can’t wait to work with your children, and see them grow into mature critical thinkers, debaters, problem-solvers, prudent money-managers and terrific chess players!
~Mr. Mike and Master Chess Team
EST 9AM-4PM，Monday to Friday
- In Person camp
- Location South：2 East Beaver Creek Road Building #4, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N3
- Location North：11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2
Whole day in-person camp:（Lunch not included）
○ Full price: $539/week (From May 1st, 2023); 4-5 weeks in one order, 469 per week; 6 weeks or more in one order, then 439 per week
Early Bird Price: $479/week (Before May 1st, 2023); 4-5 weeks in one order, 399 per week; 6 weeks or more in one order, then 379 per week
- If you would like to withdraw from camp, please submit written notice to email@example.com no later than June 1st, 2023 to be eligible for a refund (less a 10% administration fee). No refund will be made for cancellations received after June 1st, 2023 for Summer Camp.
Please turn your Phone/iPad sideways for registration
Items Location Week Price Buy 2 East Beaver Creek Road Building #4, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N3 Week 1: Jul 3 - Jul 7 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 1: Jul 3 - Jul 7 2 East Beaver Creek Road Building #4, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N3 Week 2: Jul 10 - Jul 14 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 2: Jul 10 - Jul 14 2 East Beaver Creek Road Building #4, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N3 Week 3: Jul 17 - Jul 21 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 3: Jul 17 - Jul 21 2 East Beaver Creek Road Building #4, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N3 Week 4: Jul 24 - Jul 28 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 4: Jul 24 - Jul 28 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 5: Jul 31 - Aug 4 11181 Yonge St. Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1L2 Week 6: Aug 14 - Aug 18